“Summer Weekend Trip Essentials”
Have you ever found yourself in a hotel room with enough clothes to last a couple of weeks? Or several pairs of shoes when you only need some flip flops? Absolutey no problem if you aren’t on a short weekend trip! It is super easy to overpack. Lets be honest – we have all done it.
Just recently I got the Numinous 25L Daypack for reviewing purposes and since I enjoy going on short trips alot I have decided to compose this packing list for you. This is what works for me personally but you may want to carry more or less respectively.
Clothes – too little is a lot better than too much!
I am a big fan of the onion principle – if you’re feeling too cold wear multiple layers on top of each other to keep you warm. Since this is a packing list for the warmer climate you shouldn’t need to do this though. I dont’t bring jeans or long trousers along with me as they are a lot heavier and take up way to much space in my backpack. The weather forecast usually backs this decision too.
- 1 pair of harem pants – perfect for really hot days as they are of thin material
- 1 pair of black leggins – light, perfect if you need to cover up for religious sites, can be worn with shorts/skirts too
- 3 pairs of hot pants – I never used to wear shorts but H&M completely changed my mind!
- 3 vest tops in different colours – oh how I love H&M or Primark! Cheap, lots of different colours and designs, quite durable
- 1 cardigan – perfect if you are feeling chilly in the evenings or if you need to cover your shoulders at religious sites
- enough underwear & socks to cover you for the whole time – need I say more?
- 2 bikinis – I always bring two bikinis. 1 to wear and the other to dry and vice versa
- 1 pair of flip flops
- 1 pair of ballerinas/flats
- 1 pair of Nike running shoes for long walks or sightseeing
- travel sized showergel and shampoo/conditioner
- hair brush
- thyroid pills
- pain kilers
- Tiger Balm – can be used for just about anything! Cold, sore muscles, blocked nose, etc
- Microfibre towel – dries extremely fast and is an absolute light weight
Well this is easy for me.
- iPhone 6
- iPod Shuffle.
- Sony Cybershot HX50 – takes great pics and videos, is the smallest digital camera on the market and fits all my needs!
- Snorkel and mask
- nose clip
- notebook and pen
- plactic wallet with important travel documents like hotel confirmation, plane ticket, transfer voucher, etc
So this is it! My list of “Summer Weekend Trip Essentials”. Am I missing something important or carrying some unnecessary things? What do you think? Let me know in the comment section below.